Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is Your Kid's Cereal Popular? (part 4)


How Much Grain Does Your Child Need?
Grains are such common staples that most can't imagine them not being good for you. But all of these common items really should be avoided when planning your child's breakfast:

  • Doughnuts
  • Fruit juice and other sugary drinks
  • Waffles and pancakes
  • Bagels and toast (even whole grain organic types)
  • All cereals (even whole grains types)
Carb types can actually do well with grains, but remember; only about 15 percent of the population are carb types, at best. So for the majority, grains and cereals should be limited or avoided as much as possible. Why?

Because grains rapidly break down to sugar in your body, stimulating insulin production. So you're right back to the issue of too much sugar again.
Sources: mercola.com

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 29, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

done adding your blogs on my 3 blogs... this are the blogs that I have added:

My Vegetables Garden
In My Kitchen
In The Life of.."Mne"
Everything Has A Reason

Please add my 3 blogs on your 4 blogs and confirmed that it has been added:

Here are my blogs:

Can of Thoughts
http://www.canofthoughts.com

Anything and Everything in Between
http://jvivance.blogspot.com

Designs By Vhiel
http://www.designsbyvhiel.com

Thanks,
Vhiel

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com