Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Favorite Seafood Recipe

Oh my goodness, my favorite seafood recipe? I like them all he he he. What is not to like with seafood? Ok, I know but don’t go there. As long as they are edible and nothing weird with the recipe I will eat them. My husband and I always go to this restaurant by us, they have "all you can eat seafood buffet" for a good amount of money. They have everything including lobster.

But I like a combination of everything. And I would say that my favorite recipe is the seafood medley. They have a lot of ingredients so bear with me.

SEAFOOD MEDLEY

Ingredients:
20 baby squid (tubes and tentacles), cleaned
3 cups milk

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 small onions, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 small fennel bulb, diced
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 cup dry white wine
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
1/2 bunch fresh tarragon
1/2 bunch fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 tablespoon loosely packed saffron threads

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
6 baby fennel bulbs, halved
1/2 bunch fresh thyme, chopped
10 fresh oysters in shells, well scrubbed
20 littleneck clams
20 fresh mussels

6 (6 ounce) fillets fresh sea bass
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 sprigs parsley, for garnish

Directions:

  1. Soak squid in milk for 1 to 5 hours; the longer the better. When the squid has finished soaking, strain, and discard the milk.
  2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and diced fennel. Cook and stir until the vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, and cook an additional 10 minutes. Pour in wine, and increase heat to high. Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the chicken stock, parsley, tarragon, thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns, and saffron. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the liquid has reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes. Strain out the liquid, and discard the solids.
  3. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add sun-dried tomatoes and fennel; cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the strained saffron broth and chopped thyme; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Place oysters on top of the fennel, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Set the clams and mussels into the pot, cover, and cook until the shellfish begin to open, about 4 minutes. Stir in the drained squid, recover, and cook for 1 minute, just until the squid firms.
  4. While the shellfish are cooking, season the sea bass fillets with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place fish into skillet, skin-side down. Cover, and cook until the skin is crispy and the flesh of the fish has firmed and is no longer translucent.
  5. Pour the fennel-seafood mixture onto a serving platter and place the sea bass fillets on top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.

So what do you think? Do you think this is good enough to win in a Cook off contest at Great American Seafood Cook Off? If not what would you suggest that I change? I love watching and cooking seafood. Specially when I can get local source of seafood. Not only I help the fishermen locally but I know for sure they are fresh.

How about you? Do you have a favorite seafood recipe? Would you share it with me? Thanks in advance to those who will share some with me.



0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com