Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First Snow of the Season



Yup, some part of my county has snow as I typing this. My DH has been out since 9am plowing at Pocono Mountain right now. We live in the very bottom of the mountain so, we don't usually get anything unless they are coming from south of us.

They always have such a crazy weather up north of us. I remember when I was still working up in Tobyhanna, every morning I notice that they always have freezing road. I spun 180 in the parking lot one morning. Good thing that there were not much traffic when I got there. I could have hit someone. I turn so fast on the parking lot, and I spun because the parking spot was covered with black ice.
Going down? This one was taken early this year, after the storm. DC did not have school that day.

Now, the only worry I get is driving my kids to their after school activities. Or doctors appointment and such. I hate going out of the house now that I don't work.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  October 29, 2008 at 12:51 AM  

Ummmm...We are still waiting for the first snow of the year, but I think it wont be too long now!

Anonymous,  October 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

That's a neat animated graphic there! I blogged about snow today, too. I live south of the Adirondacks, in the Mohawk Valley. I think the hills have about as much snow as you show here.

I hate driving in it, too, but I do OK. I prefer to stay home, that's for sure!

twinks October 29, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Hi,
oh how I wish to experience and play with snow...one day maybe..hehehe

Nedekcir October 29, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

Yup, our first snow of the season. Mrs. Mecomber I bet you get more snow up there. I don't like driving on it, but sometimes I don't have a choice.

Editor, yes not too long. We had our first sprinkled today.

Twinks come visit North America/Europe during winter. I bet you will find them here. I thought some mall in Phil are making fake snow for skier, snow boarders and alike?

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com