Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 3, 2008

Pushy Special Ed Teacher

Today is the first day for home school for my 2nd grader. I don't have any hardware and materials for him yet, because he only got approved last Friday (Halloween). And they wanted us to start today. I don't think that people who are in charge for hardware and materials even read their email yet about what we needed. That will take at least about a week to get the first shipment to us.

Well, someone called me today asking how is our first day of home school. I told her that I sent my son to school today because we don't have anything to start with. Then she proceeded that we should start on the date that is given to us to start. Hello, who are you? Are you the president of this school? I hate when they are pushy. I bet she don't have any kids home school. She doesn't know anything about how the kids are affected with not having any materials to use. She told that she will her supervisor about it. Then she called me back around 3pm telling me that I will start tomorrow. No if's and buts. He can only be enroll in one school. That is why I'm letting you know that we will wait for the materials to come. The lessons can be push back and same with his start date.


And since I have other computer at home, my son can use one of them. It's not the hardware I'm having problem with, it's the materials. It will too much for him if we start with nothing. Then she said that I can print everything I need to start. Ok, we tried it after eating dinner, and guess what? All the practice sheets have answer because they are teacher answer sheets. Most of the student pages are in the book. The only thing we found is the assessment page. But how can he answer it without practicing first.

I did an orientation for him and ask the question about starting later (about two weeks later). And the lady who is doing the orientation had no problem with it. Because we don't have any materials. She have 2 kids home school and she understand me right away.

She didn't say that today is our start date, that we should start today even if we don't have anything. I don't know what is the other lady's problem. Good thing she is not my son teacher. She is only his special education teacher, I really don't know what that means but I think she is my sons IEP (speech, my son is delay) teacher. I should call you from now on "Ms. Pushy Grouch".

I didn't actually argue with her about the whole thing. I just keep telling that we need some materials to start and I will ask DH what he thinks about the whole thing and we will get back to her thru email. I better email her now.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com