Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Preschooler Refuses To Go Back To School

I am having a hard time getting him to school these days. It started when his big brother stayed home from school. I think he is getting jealous that they can stay home but he can't. He doesn't realize that they went and done what he is doing right now.

I guess I can teach him with my DD in Kindergarten. Not all of it but some part, like the phonics, writing, art and reading. DH and I talk about this before and he thinks he might get board next year in Kindergarten. I told him that it's ok, we can do all the assessment and not to worry about explaining everything to him. Our day will be much shorter and spend more time doing other things.

He can also choose to participate or not with his sister class. I will not force him to do much, it would be just like a pre-K for him. I can always tell him that he is going back to B&M school if he don't listen to me and do what I ask him to do. Yup, I can be mean when I want to.

Hope it works. Ok, I'm off to teach my DD, DS is still weak. He needs to get his strength back before doing some classes again.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com