Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DMV and New Harry Potter Movie

I dragged the kids out today to renew my driver's license. Knowing the DMV the last time I went there, they can do every thing concerning vehicles. I like doing everything online, it save me time, postage stamps and it is fast. It would be nice if I can change my stinking address online. However, like everything with government ran institutions, you need to go through such a hassle to do business with them.

We got there and I showed my renewal form. She asked me where my driver's license, I had to get it out with my one hand and kinda fell out and drop in front of her because I am trying to hold 4 kids with my other hand. They she told me I can't pay it there, I asked her why but no clear answer. She just said that I can go to triple A and renew it there. Or other places that does not carry the word DMV on it. Some kind of insurance company probably that works for them. Which mean I need to spend extra money just to get the stinking address change to show my street address. Just because of what happen on 9/11, they give such crap about changing the stupid address online. She even suggested that I call the 800 on the back of my license and I just rolled my eyes and told her that I will be trying that stupid number for a week or a month before I get a real person to answer the stinking phone.

So, what the hell they do in DMV now? I don't have a freaken idea, and your guess is as good as mine. Can you tell that I am so mad right now.

Anyway, I wanted to see the new Harry Potter movie sometimes this week or next week. Anyone of you wanted to watch my kids for 2 to 3 hours while DH and I enjoy the quite time alone in the movie theater? We still have the pre-paid movie tickets from my SIL a long time ago. I don't want to wait until the movie comes out, I wanted to see the mushy,lovey dubey part of it. Now if only DH wants to go, he would probably say, lets just wait for the DVD to come out and watch it with the kids. I'm hoping he will agree to watch it with me alone.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com