Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, August 31, 2009

"In This LIfe of Ours" Weekend Update

It clear up around noon on Saturday here. I suggested that we should go on our plan to go apple picking. We had to go a lot of back roads and windy (spiral), 2nd ODS and myself got car sick because DH drives like he is the only one in our mini van. Every turns and corners can sure are felt inside. Unlike me I consider other human being inside the vehicle and taking each one very smoothly. We got lucky no one vomit inside.

Anyway, we got there and we can see all the apple trees, peaches, nectarines and corns. Field along fields of corns, I even differentiate the white flowers to brownies ones. DH walk in the place ans asked about apple picking, but the picking will start this weekend. I tried calling them and ask about it but somehow no one answered the phone every time I called. We bought some nectarines and dozen (13) sweet multi-color corns.

We stop to get some school supplies first before proceeding home. When we got home and I boiled and roast half of what we got. The roast I hated because it tasted like I am eating sugar. DH loves the boiled ones because he said it taste very very sweet and the sweetest corn he have ever eaten on his lifetime. NOW, I'm thinking it this corns good for human consumption?

Sunday was a fairly nice day, not a summer day but nice. I spent my Sunday grocery shopping and pre-cooking some food and making sure everything we need for school are bought, at least for a week...lol.

I just finish cooking breakfast and my children are eating right now. 2nd ODS have to do some lessons today and tomorrow my 2 DS will be full time on their lessons. Today is ODS (senior in high school) first day also in out local brick and mortar school. I will be very busy from now on and I'm not quite sure how to return visits from other blogs. However, weekend will be different, so, kindly bear with me until I get hang of things around the house.

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com