Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 8, 2010

For My Violinist (DS)

This year is my oldest son's last year of high school. He will be moving out of my house by the end of the summer, and he will go to his dorm room somewhere around in Pennsylvania. He will also join the school orchestra when he gets there, he said. His father wants him to be on his own and away from him and myself. My husband in the other hand wanted him to go at our local college or university to save money. Well, he chose what his father suggested, and we told him that we are not helping him with the paper works.

Anyway, he used to love playing his violin. He always practice on the weekend whenever he is home. His younger siblings love to watch him play. When he was a little younger he used to play happy birthday on his violin while we are singing during a birthday party. He rather plays warcraft in his computer now a days. He stays up until a wee hour of the morning playing a computer game. Since he is old enough we stop telling him what to do with his life and that is what he chooses to do for his spare time.

My sister in law and her husband took him to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra a few months ago, and I heard that he did not enjoy it very much. We are relieved that we did not give him some Christmas Carols music sheets for Christmas. That will probably just end up in the corner of his room, and will never get touch again. However, he loves to play with the music program we gave him last year. He collects music sheets and he writes the notes into his program and listens to them over and over. He doesn't play the notes on his violin, but only his computer.

Kids these days do not appreciate what they have. I wished my parents can afford to send me to music lessons when I was young. However, my son and I are two different people, and think and brought up differently.

2 comments:

Unknown January 15, 2010 at 3:41 AM  

Yeah I know what you mean, even if I don't have kids yet...I have seen this attitude with my brothers and children of hubby. Things are easier for kids nowadays they don't appreciate a lot of it.

Nedekcir January 15, 2010 at 5:18 AM  

Thanks for stopping by Jade. Yes, I always wish I can make them experience how I live a long time ago.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com