Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Side of the Family

The only time I can talk to them is when they call me. They have a cell phone not land line because the phone company where they live is too cheap to run a wire. I should be thankful (I think) because they run an electric wire where they live.

There used to be a signal where they live but somehow after a few typhoon it was gone. Not sure what was broken and no, they never repair it. My parents need to position themselves in a higher elevation or go to town to get some signal. Talk about your own antenna...lol.

I was thinking about calling them for a while now, and I am thankful they finally called. A few of my nieces and nephews are having babies. One just passed the nursing board back home, my oldest sister was rush to the hospital for working too hard, and my parents are still doing great.

I asked them to send me some more coconut virgin oil and iodine (if allowed to be ship). I told them if my cousin is still making it, to just buy it from him. I have to go out and send them some money for it too. They can afford to buy it, but I rather pay them for it. They are still asking about my sister in CA, and I have the same answer that I don't know. She actually sent me a Christmas photos of her whole family with smile in their faces. I just can't figure out how they live together knowing they both lies to each other. Yes, I know they sleep with their eyes close. Just like the corrupt politicians in this country, who doe not know the right and wrong and don't have the little voice talking at them anymore. This reminds me of the forward email I got from my high school batch mates.

All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.
"I should be in charge," said the brain, because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen.
"I should be in charge", said the blood, I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away.
"I should be in charge," said the stomach," I process food and give all of you energy.
"I should be in charge," said the legs, I carry the body wherever it needs to go.
"I should be in charge," said the eyes, I allow the body to see where it goes.
"I should be in charge," said the rectum," I'm responsible for waste removal.

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum And insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight. Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood Was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss.

The Moral of the story? Even though the others do all the work...
The ass hole is usually in charge.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com