Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Scary Thought

SIL called me yesterday asking what is the name of cyber school I am using for my kids. Her friend will be doing the same, and wanted my opinion on any of them. I told her that I don't like my kids cyber school but love the K12 curriculum that they are using. However, her friend is going with another cyber that can be found around the country. My 1st grader was enrolled at the same cyber last year.

I have no idea that she is against educating children at home. You would assume that she is for it, because her family, my DH included are for it. Was I wrong. Now I have this scary thought that she might be the first to report anything she does not like the way I teach my kids to the government (which I know have no authority over me). Furthermore, I don't think citizen (non-free-citizen) don't know any better.

It hasn't been done in a hundred of years, and they thought that way of today is the correct way. When they see other ways, the thought always comes to mind is "are they allowed to do that?" Yes, I can do it, without you reporting it. Leave other people alone, however, if you asked for my help and want my opinion...do not shut down to what I have to say because you voluntary ask for it. That exactly is my problem, I don not ask for anyone's opinion about how I educate my children. I am not entitled to anyone's opinion unless I ask for it. There is a big difference between the two.

You may not like my opinion because it will always be out of your comfort zone. I did not say I don't have my own comfort zone, but yours are just very different than mine. My comfort zone is my un-alienable rights, step on it and you will find out there are consequences.

I can never look at her the same anymore. I don't even know if I want her in my either. The thought of her reporting my family to the government (e.g. department of education) does scares me. However, I have DH that can tear her apart with words. She troubles me, I tell you.

Anyway, I better get off here and start teaching my kids.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com