Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter is Here

Ghostly surrounding, cold temperature, cloudy sky 75 percent of the time, rain, sleet and snow at one time and too cold outside to catch some sun when it is shining.

Thanksgiving came and gone, the dinner was held at SIL house after 7 years. I'm hoping she will do the Christmas dinner too. I am plain too busy to clean and cook for these occasions and not worth my time. I know this is for the family, but if they can't give you the word that they are coming or simply not show up is not worth it. Too much left over and not enough people eating the feast. Then if I don't cook enough, they all decide to show up, like they are psychic of some sort.

DH and I was thinking about changing the gift giving to spring like in Easter's celebration because there are not many gifts to give our children for winter. They can only get too many sleds, boots, snow suits, and it gets old very fast. At least in spring we can get them a lot more toys to choose from.

We got some present from the mail yesterday, and we opened it right away. No waiting for Christmas in this household this year. We started shopping online, because the prices are the same and most sites offers free shipping. I don't feel like fighting the crowds in the stores this year.

This is our 5th years not using any credit card (we don't have one) when buying anything as present or household needed appliances. It feels good, not to worry about paying a corporation (who btw getting all the bailout) 50 or more percent in APR.

I suggest to everyone to stop spending what you don't have and save in silver or other means instead. I hate hearing, "I spent too much this season, now it's time to pay back my credit card," good luck with that, "I always say."

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com