Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Early Morning Crowd

I dragged my children out to a store this morning to pick-up a few things for our house and office. We had to go to four places because the first store that we visited don't have what I came out to get. I was very surprised that the parking lot was packed.

I could not figure it out and lucky enough a chatty senior citizen infront of me on the line spoke on how the store was crowded. My family do not watch TV and like I mention a week ago, our internet is gone. Plus, I don't go online to read the regulated news. I read and watch news that is not controlled by the media.

So, anyway, since this was pretty early in the morning I didn't have time to check online. I got the children dresses and out we went. Well, to make the story short, everyone are getting ready for the storm that is supposed to come our way on Tuesday.

They wake-up and come out early when there is a storm. Good grip. The sale of flashlights, batteries, & water will sky rocket. There will be NO bread left by Monday when I decide to go grocery shopping. I couldn't this weekend because DH will be away both days. I guess, I'll just have to make some at home, considering that the power will not go off because of the storm. I will have to put water in some containers for flushing the toilets, washing hands, & dishes. Cooking outside with twigs will do if the rain is not heavy. Did you know cooking with wood makes your food taste better? Yes, that's right, try it sometimes.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com