Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, June 19, 2015

@round Chestnut Ridge Farms (LATSOF/SkyWatch Friday)

Actually my area did not get its name from this kind of farms, but from being a Turkey Farm.


My house was the main housing for their workers.


They closed up in the late '80's from what I heard. You can still see slabs of cement in google earth, and there are still a few very long buildings that the local people use as store/shops. Where am I? PA of course, Northeast PA. The mountain in the background (behind the house) is part of the Appalachian  Mountain.


3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ June 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM  

That's interesting. You can find out a lot on google earth.

Nisha Jha June 20, 2015 at 5:42 AM  

I liked the landscape & the way you've captured it in mirror.

Nedekcir June 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM  

Thank you Nisha, that was accidental :D

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com