Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ngeek! Winter is Here

Yes, it started on Monday...hahahaha. We are having 0 degree F for three days now including wind chill. I have been complaining that this winter is too hot for me. Yes, it's coming from a tropic woman.

DH had been sick since Monday afternoon. He stayed in bed all day yesterday and all day today. I am hoping he will get up tomorrow and at least take a hot shower to get his strength back, and eat some food. When I say food meaning good food..:)

He was asking for something salty today. I am glad PIL are here. They go out almost everyday and I asked them if they can get DH some salted pistachio, which they did.

Yesterday, was very windy and the garbage truck came by. They are supposed to collect on Monday, however for some odd reason they never came. Yes, I knew it was holiday (just to clarify there is nothing holy about Monday). I live here for 10 years and they never follow the holidays. So, I was surprised, maybe their truck wouldn't start on Monday, who knows.

So, I went outside not thinking of winter when I saw the garbage cans flying every where. I was only wearing regular jacket and long pants. Oh boy, did I blame myself. I could not breath, it felt like there was no oxygen in the air. Not to mention I was running because I don't want the cans going farther away. I thought I will never make it inside the house, geezz I told myself while taking my shoes off. Then I looked online on how cold it was. Sure enough cold. I think the running part made me breath funny. I never ran in that cold before. Yes, definitely a lesson learned in my part.

Then I found out on FB that my classmate in high school died the early morning yesterday. I was like, "WHOA," it wasn't him taking my breath away, was he? hahahaha. Yes, a great loss, we are only in our very early 40s. Our 25th year reunion is coming in May, oh goodness, he didn't made it, RIP 'mate.

Other than the cold, I am doing fine. I try very hard not to be around MIL when she is herself. I only like her when she doesn't remember much. Plus she is very nice when she does.

What about you, how are you doing?

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com