Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)

Do you consume a lot of it? Probably yes, because a lot of processed food contains hfcs. Just make sure you read the ingredients. My favorite ketchup, bread, jelly, frozen foods and I bet a lot more has it. Why they put hfcs in food? The answer is plain and simple cheaper. They (USDA) say that the food is given longer shelf life. And it can prevent freezer burns.

In theory: The body processes the fructose in high fructose corn syrup differently than it does old-fashioned sugar cane or beet sugar, which in turn alters the way metabolic-regulating hormones function. It also forces the liver to kick more fat out into the bloodstream.

The end result is that our bodies are essentially tricked into wanting to eat more and at the same time, we are storing more fat. That is some of the reason for obese Americans.

My suggestions are; read the labels, cook your own food (make everything from scratch), shop for organic food, grow your own fruit and vegetables (easily said than done, specially I live in the area where four seasons are observed).

I am very careful now a days what to buy. Dh and I is not getting younger and I wanted for both of us to see our dc's grow.

One of these days, I will ask my parents to send me some sugar and coconut oil from home. Come to think of it, I think a lot of the ingredients in our food have a great deal on why they got such a high blood pressure while living here.

Next time they come to visit I'll make sure they bring all the local grown ingredients back home. The ones that are allowed in the airport.

Find out what are the bad ingredients on your food before eating them. It's your health, take care of it because no else will.


0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com