Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Testing Finished

DD supposed to get tested on the first week of this month. However, with the bad weather they postponed it until today. I will not know how she did, until the tester gives the report to DD teacher.

Thursday last week DS a second grader took the scantron test for math and over the weekend we work on his reading test. He is not very fond of reading, I told him if he doesn't do it, he is not allowed to leave the room. It took him half hour, or I should have said it took me half hour to finally get into his head. He needed to read stories, then go into the questions. When he saw the long page he needs to read, he started to cry. I kept telling him crying will not get him pass second grade but no luck.

Eventually, my thinking hat start working, and I copy and paste the whole story into Word and printed in a big font. They are 5 pages and fewer. However, I got him to read the whole story and answers the question with no problem.

I thought actually that he will fail himself by not listening to me. A very hard week for me indeed. I heard that 3rd grade is all about writing and stories. I will be pulling my hair out if he gives me such a hard time next year. I'm not looking forward to it, not at all.

1 comments:

riablahgs January 28, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Hi Eden...Kids take time in grasping things. It's good that you gave him an incentive. I think most kids love it when there is a reward when they do something good and or when they excel in their studies. Wish you luck for next year... ;)

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com