Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, December 6, 2010

I Hate the Holidays

Too much rushing and the weather is at the top of my list, why I hate the Holidays. Buying gifts that are not needed for our children, and in addition food gets wasted during the gathering.

I am not for "feed the hunger," and I'm not even that close to it. I grew up in a very practical home, and wasteful living was not the issue. My parents buy what are needed for the family to survive, not "want." There are a big differences between the two. If you can't differentiate, well, grab a dictionary.

DD started to decorate the house over the weekend. She puts everything in one place. I gave her an "A" for the effort, and she keeps bugging us to buy a pine tree for our Christmas tree this year. I rather spend that $30 on something else. However, I live in a society that everyone wanted to outdo everyone else.

I am no better because we made this as tradition for our family. If we (DH and I) started with them the way I was brought up, this will never happen. However, since we already started the whole thing, we might as well continue, or we can stop it right now. I don't have any problem with the second one.

Don't get me wrong, we still give them gifts. We just don't call it Christmas present, simply present or gift because we think they deserve it. Christmas these days is commercialized which defeated the whole purpose on why we celebrate the occasion.

Then again, this is just me. I know plenty will not agree with me. And I'm sure the whole 97% of population will not agree.

2 comments:

jellybelly December 8, 2010 at 1:52 AM  

I agree with you. I've stopped putting up decorations at home more than 10 years ago. A few years back I stopped giving gifts. It's too much stress. I just join exchange gifts but I don't give individual gifts anymore.

Nedekcir December 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

lol, good... i'm not the only one

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com