Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Freedom March @ Washington DC

Dr. Ron Paul addressing us.

It was very hot, I got darker again...(laugh). The driving down wasn't so bad, our meet-up group rented a charter bus. It was a boring ride but relaxing and we don't have to worry about finding a parking spot.

Myself, DH, Vince and our friends daughter.

I like the whole thing, specially when Dr. Ron Paul showed up. He actually walked by 3 feet away from where I was standing. And I was the first one who notice him. Too bad my camera wasn't ready when he passed by. I couldn't take his picture leaving either because he is the same size as my DH and the guard was around him when walked pass me when he left. I got the shot of the guards but not him. But I have a few of him while addressing the our fellow revolutionaries.
Dr. Ron Paul leaving, he was between the two guards who are wearing white shirts.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 13, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Political gatherings like the one you have shared with us is comparatively peaceful.

Here in Malaysia, had there been a gathering of that kind, the troops with their gas bombs and water canon brigade would have been there to disperse the gathering. Democracy has many faces and as many interpretations ala Malaysia.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com