Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Filipino Store Story

My kids and I went to get some things from my local Filipino store today. Actually not very local to me because it is about 30 minutes from my house, and they are located about 3 towns from me.

We walked in and a nice Filipina eating said hi to all of us. And yes I said hi too. She has the whole family with her. A daughter who is 4 years old, a baby and her husband. They actually traveled more than an hour to dine there. They live north of me about an hour or so. I guess she does not cook much because they go at that Filipino store to eat Philippine cook food.

As for me, I go there to meet some fellow Filipino and to buy some uncooked food. I rather cook it myself than buying it cook. I am picky like that when it comes to my own (Filipino) dishes. I don't eat much while in a gathering because I don't like the way they prepare the food. There are a few friends of mine that I enjoy their cooking. I think they put "gayuma" (potion) on them...lol, that's why I like it.

Anyway, she asked if I am from Manila and I told her no, and said the name of my province/island. She said she don't now where it is. My parents lives about an 30 minutes southwest of Manila by plane...lol. They drive very slow back home and it takes a long time to get where my parents live. Plus, we have to take the ferry.

We exchange phone numbers and that was that. Her husband said he used to live about 15 minutes away from where I live now. And she's only been here less than four years.

2 comments:

Unknown January 17, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

That nice you found new filipino aquaintance. Where in US are? I herad from a friend that theres a asian food in pittsburgh but never been there yet.

Nedekcir January 18, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

I'm east of you shydub...lol. Close to NJ.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com