Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 18, 2010

Most Are Annoying

Remember my post below about talking to this filipina in the Filipino store? Yes, she told me she doesn't know where my island is because she is from Manila. It turns out that she is not even from Manila, but from the main land. I guess she considers the main land is all Manila. I found that she is a member of twitter and friendster and she have the province name in her profile.

This is the main reason why I don't have many friends with my own kind. I don't like liars and so is my DH. I can't be friends with my own kind who are liars from the start. I am simply asking where they grow up back home. I don't care where they live while they are there.

My nephew lived in Manila part (a few months) of his life because he took the nursing exam a while back. Is that mean he is from Manila when ask? Furthermore, should I say that I am from Manila since I only speak the national language of my birth country? They annoyed me.

5 comments:

ruthinian January 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

I know what you are saying. That is why I only have 1 Filipina friend here. I know some Pinay all over my place but I only hang out with only one... less trouble... less chismis... less headache.

Nedekcir January 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Oh, that's nice that I am not alone with this issue.

Unknown January 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Saan pala sa kanila sis? Kaya we have to pick the right person to be friend with. Diba PA ka rin, I have seen few pinoy na palakad lakad dito sa pittsburgh hindi namamansin.

♥ N o v a January 20, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Hi! Just passing through and saw your blog. :-)

Well, there could be many reasons why she did that. Maybe she's ashamed of where she's from. Maybe she's from a very poor area and doesn't want you know and Manila was the first thing that came to her mind. Or maybe she's a fugitive. hahaha

I've noticed myself that many Filipinos are ashamed to even say they're Filipino. They'll say they're part Chinese, part Spanish, part something, as if to admit that they are full Filipino means they are of lower class or something. I don't understand it myself.

For me, I'm proud to say I'm from Laguna, even though I did move to the U.S. when I was only 2. But I'll always be proud to say that I was born in small little village in Laguna.

Nedekcir January 21, 2010 at 5:33 AM  

@ Shydub thanks for the comments. I left you a comment in one of your blog.

@nova-san, yes I will never know the reasons.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com