Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oldest DS

I can't really complain much about his lifestyle as a teenager. He is a below average when it come to it, which I like. Not like other teenagers around who got suspended so many times in high school. He only gets in trouble when hanging out with the wrong crowds and trying to become their friends.

Anyway, we gave him a cell phone when he was in junior high because of one incident after school program activity, he was supposed to get drop off in certain location at certain time but I waited for 1 hour and the bus didn't not show up. I drove to the school and he is not there anymore. I spoke to the principal but she is not much of a help. Instead she told me to call her back to tell her what happened. I'm already missing a son and she want me to call her back to tell her what happened when my son gets home. Pathetic.

That was the reason for him getting a phone 3 years ago. Fast forward this year, now he is abusing the use of his phone. He gets this stuff online that he needs to pay $10 a month to get some weekly happenings text to him. Mind you we don't have text service because we can't afford it. And every time he is away for some kind of church helping hands thingy, he gets some games over the phone to play because he is bored. He can't get a job because his father takes him every two weekends to stay with him for 2 days. We (DH and I) want him to get a job on the weekend to learn about finances. Same reason why he never gotten his drivers license, we want him to pay for the insurance on his own. And his father doesn't let him to get a job on the summer either.

If he gets us mad enough, I will take the stinking cell phone away from him. He keeps getting some kind of charges on his phone and he can't even answer it when we are calling him most of the time. Other than that, he's been an honor students since junior high. BTW, he only have one year to go then I don't have to worry about him...well for the most part. He'll be gone to college and he can do whatever he wants with his set allowance.

1 comments:

Think With Your Taste Buds - Chicken November 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

I have to say that I feel for you and send prayers. This is a really hard age to deal with. All I can say is that it will one day be over and you will have served your time.
Martha

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com