Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Less Child

It is official that my ODS is leaving home to go to college in western PA. He will be graduating from high school this Friday. BTW, I still don't have a sitter. I might be going by myself. I will like for DH to come but no one can sit the kids. I may have to bring my little girl with me instead.

The nice part of him going away to college is, I don't have to wake him up in the morning anymore. He stays up until 4am every night, he comes home from school and go to sleep. I kept on telling him, I hope you last longer than one semester. With the attitude like that I have no faith he will last.

DH and I both agree that he should stay closer, but there is another parent say. We were out voted. At least, when he is closer, I can spy on him, making sure he is not wasting money.

Ah, all I can say is, stay together and work everything out, especially when you have a kid.

2 comments:

Katherine June 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

What an interesting time for you. I have two more years until my first goes to college.. that is going to be SO HARD!

The Fool on The Hill June 13, 2010 at 4:50 AM  

Hi Nedekcir,

Golly, reading about your son...it's the same with my youngest son who's in his 2nd year doing Pharmacy.

He is what the Malay idiom describes as a "kutu embun". Which means a flea of the morning dew. LOL!

Just like your son, he stays up till the wee, wee hours of the morn and then hibernates till the afternoon.

I wonder how he attends classes like that.

God Bless you and family always,

Windy

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com