Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 10, 2012

As the Conversation Goes

While sitting on our dining table eating breakfast together (DH & I), I cannot help myself to make a comment about my FIL. I told DH that we better not sit in front of each other like his parents when we get old. Then he said, yup, waiting for the grimm reaper. I told him that maybe he should build me a tiny green house out back before we get old. His answer was, I will also build a pit stop between our house and the green house to have coffee before continuing.

I almost choke myself laughing, because I told him that his parents was alwasy out of breath walking from our drive way to the house. Now his idea of putting a pit stop between the house and the green house is very funny. Maybe he should build one for his parents between the driveway and the front door...hahahahaha...

I better not...we better not get old that way. It is very sad to look at. My parents at mid 70's or early 80's, and they can out walk both DH and I. They are still very active, and they both know their bodies limitations. They cannot left anything heavy, and tried not to climb anything. I still wish I can still see them before they get weak and pass on. The last time I saw them was 2006 or 2007.

I think even going up and down on my stairs will help me stay healthy. If I do it for 30 minutes once a day. Stepping on fast phase then I can jog it too. We have 12 steps not counting 3 sets of stoops. One on the very top, one at the middle and one at the very bottom. I think it would be a great help for my breathing.

How about you? How do you see yourself in the future?

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com