Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Party For DD

Her birthday is May 6 and she wanted to have a birthday party. Last year we had our friend and his 2 siblings for her party. Plus our whole family of course. There are 14 people total and we did it here in our house. Now we are planning about inviting some of here classmates from the public school and do the party in a bowling alley.

It would be $10 per child, they can bowl for two hours, soda for a drink (I wish they have juice but I can do), pizza or hot dog and they provide napkins, plastic spoons & forks and plates. They also take care of the invitations and I provide the names and addresses and the birthday cake.

Please help with the situation here: Should I invite kids that she does not know from her class? I don't have anything to say to their parent/s when they come. Should I also invite the kids she know on her pre-K class? At least these people I saw and talk to so many times while waiting for my DD to come out of her class. Or is that too much because they haven't seen each other since June 2008? BTW, this is only the second birthday party she will have that other kids are invited. In addition, please give me some idea on what to put inside the goody bag something cheap yet nice.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4 comments:

Nicole Feliciano April 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

You have choices:

just invite girls (or boys)
invite everyone
invite a handful (2-3 best friends)

If you invite more than 3 you will hurt feelings. That's my take.

Nedekcir April 23, 2009 at 5:31 AM  

Thanks for the comment Nicole, I will take to consideration.

Valley HQ April 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

i think you should invite people from pre-K class too. she knows them and will enjoy with them.

For goody bags you can buy things and make your own goody bags for instance pink bags for girls and blue for boys and you can buy stickers to put on these bags. something like Dora theme or barbies for girls and sponge bob or some other for boys.

Buy some nice candy, stickers, marshmallows and little items for the bags. children will love it.

Nedekcir April 24, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

Thank you Valley HQ, what you mentioned are already in my lists.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com