Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Communication Sources

Market Communication OnlineWhy is it that when kids are spoken to, they rather do something else? Then when we (hubby and I) talk about things that they don’t need to hear, their ears are open and can hear everything? That goes with my oldest son too. When we are talking about something that concern him, he will pretend that he could not hear us. I think that is what they call “selective hearing” in my opinion.

I also feel like putting a loud speaker in every room in the house to accommodate these non-responsive children. However, I get them to move faster if I tell them we are going somewhere. And maybe get a recorder to let the recorder repeat everything that is said to them as a reminder. With that, they can’t say “I did not hear you” or “I did not remember you telling me about it”. Now I have proof that I did…that would be something. It sounds like a call center; they record everything from what I understand, don't they?

It’s a good thing that we don’t have a bigger house. It will be harder to get everyone in one place and we may have to buy a variety of communication just to accommodate everyone. Messaging each other through home network is possible however; three of my kids don’t know how to read well yet. And when they are playing games these messages can’t be seen over the games. I think Intercom would be the best choice to get their attention while they are playing a game with the volume set on loudest. What do you think?

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com