Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, October 20, 2008

DD School Called and Gave an Attitude

We we're in the middle of class today and my cell phone rang. I answered it because it was my DS school too. I was thinking that they are calling because DS got hurt, need to come home, or just letting me know that something happened, and they just wanted me to know about it. It didn't even dawn on me that DD is home, and they were calling about her.

I wanted to lie at the beginning, but I don't like them anyway so, why lie about what she is doing at home. I don't know who called but as soon as I said that she is starting her home school today, she told me to "hold on because I need to speak to the receptionist". Ok, (in my mind) I don't have anything to tell the receptionist. Then with a tone, the receptionist answer the phone with "Hi Mrs P, you wanted to speak to me?". I was thinking no I'm not. I answer her with "ah the person on the phone told me that". Implying that it wasn't me who wants to talk. Then she proceeded with "you are home schooling your daughter?"...yes i said. "Did you asked for permission from us if you can do it"? My eye brow raised you would not believe. I told her that when I sign up for charter school, that there is no paper saying that I need to give to them to be signed and to release my DD from their school. "Your daughter is never coming here? she asked. Not this year I hope. She ask about my phone number, like they don't know and told that she will get back to me. But in my head, please don't call me anymore. It's not your (school) business what I do with my children.

I think they are worry about the money receiving from our property tax. They would act like they care but the truth is they worry about that money. They will not receive any from us, that's for sure. Plus I can't really say anything bad, because my DS is still there. They might give him a hard time there. DH have an appointment with the speech therapist on Wednesday, so I'm not planning on talking to them before my husband speak to them.

1 comments:

Preston October 20, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Phooey on them. You have every right to home school your child and don't let them bully you into something else. I am not a fan of home schooling but it is your choice and your business. Stand your ground!

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com