Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Salt, Which One Is Better

What kind of salt do you use at home? Since I moved here in early 90s, I adapt the table salt with Iodine. Not concern about health issue, and not knowing anything about it. Table salt is basically chemicals with Iodine.

I became concern about health issue when I reach my 30s. Concern about having little DC's in my thirties, if I don't take care of myself now, I may not see my grandchildren or not see my DC's finish high school. Yup, I will look like a grandmother when my youngest finish high school. Sad, but that is what happen when you start a family late.

We (hub & I) started to change our sugar, oil and salt intake. We only buy natural sugar, virgin oil and sea or himalayan salt. And we don't buy ready to eat food with HFCS, mono glycerin, and partially or fully hydrogenated oil in them.

Table salt is bad because it is processed in a high temperature. Don't worry about the Iodine part, you can easily find Iodine in meat, seafood, and some vegetables & fruits.

No wonder why my parents developed high blood pressure when they got here. They are not use to this, all of their life they eat all natural ingredients. They are all fresh from their land and they use sea rock salt, coconut oil and cane sugar. I will not be surprise if they reach 80 or even 90 years old. My life expectancy would be 65 to 70 in my opinion because I lost 10 years. I was here for 10 years before I change my eating habits.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com