Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh, Good You Have 5 Minutes to Spare

We have a nice size dining table that has a removable leaf. With the leaf we can fit people from seven to twelve depending on how big they are. We always put the left on it when we are having company over.

Well, we had the leaf since last Christmas and DH just removed it last night. After dinner the kids had some homemade hot cocoa. Then we played Uno card game and I played one game. DH and I usually hang out for at least five minutes before going back to anything we wanted to do. He asked if I have five more minutes to spare. For what I said.

You need to hold the other side of the dinner table because I wanted to take the leaf out.

You know what month it is... Right?

Yes, we have about a month before I return it. Besides, my sister will not be coming without her new husband anyway. He does not like me and I don't think they are both coming for holiday dinners.

Ok, you are the one doing it.

Now we have a four sitter dining table. We can all fit around it, plus I like the extra room without the leaf in our dining room. Very easy to go around the table now. And I bet him that he will not going to remember taking the leaf again until the holidays next year. He told me to remind him about it. And I told him to add it into my schedule and have it ding when he wanted me to remind him to take it off.

I thought for a second when he asked for five minutes we will do something fruitful...nah...I was wrong...lol. Not in this life of ours.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com