Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday Saved, The Best For Last

DH had other plans today and he did not get ready to go somewhere until three in the afternoon. He got a meeting to go to and I am waiting in-patiently all day. Instead of getting mad at him that I always do because my plans will never get done if his never get started.

I cleaned my DD bedroom again, her bedroom never stay clutter free for even a day. She had helped with the mess, her little siblings that basically do everything she told them until they get bored and stop following what they are told. Then the fights starts from there. This time the two that are close in age help me, well more like "if you don't do this I will"...kind of thing. Each one of them picking different things and have their own bag/bucket/pail. I hide most of the toys, and they are only allowed to play with them if they ask me, well hidden...lol, less to clean.

And since DH did not go anywhere today, I drag him apple picking at the last minute. He can't say no because I will get mad/nag him for keeping me home all day.

Yellow Delicious Apples

Yellow Delicious Apples
Look! my slaves...lol.Apples pickingI asked DH to get the big and nice ones up above.
DH taking the best one
Apples for Baking
Empire Apples
Red Delicious Apples
Red Delicious Apples
DD picked two.
DD with Red Delicious Apples
Here are what we picked.

Our children enjoyed going to the Apple Orchard at Gulick's Orchard. We are supposed to take my SIL with us but since we left so late, I don't think she have enough time to get to our house before the Orchard close for the day. We are looking forward to buy more sugar sweet corn but I guess they are out of season because they don't have any today. Did you see the pull wagon we have? I got the kids pulling it...they look funny.

We picked 57lbs. of apples. Come over and I'll give you some. I may even give my neighbor some if my SIL does not take enough with her tomorrow. We picked "yellow delicious", "red delicious", and "empire apples" for apple pies. Anyone want some apples? Come and get them here. It turn out to be a good day for apple picking.



You’re invited to join Saturday Saved – The Best For Last. Please grab this code at [[ WmotH ]] Saturday Saved-The Best For Last link is meant for Saturday Saved participants only


Saturday Saved link is only meant for Saturday Saved participants. If you are not joining Saturday Saved with your own Post but register a non-Meme Post here, a dishonest link will be deleted. Sorry, but that's how the Meme Rule works.


Please enter the your Saturday Saved Post URL by clicking on Master Linky Banner below.



4 comments:

Anonymous,  October 4, 2009 at 4:24 AM  

I can't think of anything better than a family day out foraging!!!!

Nedekcir October 4, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Exactly Tanya...lol. Now I need to start looking for recipes to turn my apples into.

Windmill October 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

WoW! that must be really something. The family out together and picking apples.

I am sure the kids really enjoyed it.

Nedekcir, how about making an Apple Pie and shipping it to me. hahaha.

Oooops! but then again, I can't as I have to watch my blood-sugar ever so diligently. :(

Have a great week ahead.

Nedekcir October 4, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

Ok, Mr. Windy coming your way. What kind of sugar do you use? I can add that instead of regular sugar...lol.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com