Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When is The Best Time to Shop for School Supplies?

Contributed by Vickie Tyson

Like so many other parents, I'm preparing for my kids to head back to school. Unfortunately with that preparation comes the headache of crowded stores, tripping through the aisles, and long lines at the checkout. Over the years though I have found that with a little planning and thought, I can get what my kids need easily and in no time at all.

Once you have the list of supplies from your child's teacher you are ready to head to the store. However, it just so happens to be what everyone else is doing to. Worries that the store will run out should be put aside, because stores have been ready for back to school since the beginning of summer. The best time to go to the store is late in the evening after 8 or 9pm. Of course because you will be leaving after everyone else will be in bed, don't forget to set your Home security system.

Every year I've enlisted a fellow parent to go shopping with me, seeing as how it is after dark. Many stores do not close until 10 pm, and there is a certain store that stays open all night that sells everything from food to clothes. So try it out. You will find that late at night is the best time to shop for school supplies.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com