Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Update "In This Life of Ours"

We went for a drive Friday afternoon to see the damages of the twister I reported. I was told that tornado will never occur in mountainous area, well they are very wrong. This tornado went over the mountain, mountain side, and valley. I actually saw went over a very old house and barn but they only suffered from some missing shingles. But others are not very lucky, I think it depends how strong the winds when they passed their houses. The trees looks like a big hands twisted the top part. When you twist a twig from the branch, that was it looks like. It even spares some branches too.

With all the sight seeing we did, I forgot that my 8 yo son had a speech class at 3pm Friday afternoon. I had my reminder in my cell phone, but since my cell phone is in my bag, I did not hear it and missed the whole thing. I was pretty sure that we were home before 3pm. As usual most of them wanted something sweet, so I made a homemade chocolate donuts. I used 3 cups of flour and I did not cooked all of them. The left over dough was eaten the next day. Almost tasted like "espasol" (Filipino dessert/snack made from glutinous rice, fellow pinay correct me if I am wrong). I don't really know what to call it in English.

On Saturday we just lounge around the house and be lazy. I was thinking about weeding but I'm way too lazy to do it. We spent the whole day doing nothing but watch TV, playing games online and browsing.

When Sunday came I knew I needed to moved and get some groceries. It was raining all day, and usually YDS comes with me grocery shopping. I had to put a towel over his head because he wanted to walk by himself and don't want to share my umbrella. When we came to our second stop it was like raining cats and dogs. We had to ran (luckily I found a parking spot very close to the door) from the car to the store and by the time we were done paying I was finally dry and we had to go back outside just to get wet again. Somehow YDS loves to get wet and jump on the paddles, kids.

When we got home the garage is wet because water came in again. I didn't even notice that it was raining pretty hard. (But I guess I said raining cats and dogs at one point). DH dug more trench at the back of the house and this time it is bigger. I made a little one two weeks ago but I guess there was too much water and the trench can't hold them all and went over. Have I mention before that our garage is the lowest part of the house? I think I did with the post about water proofing.

So, how was your weekend?

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com