Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Still Get Carded

After dropping of my daughter in her school I stop at Turkey Hill to buy my DH smoke. (I know, I know bad blah blah...that would be another post.) I walked in and asked if they have any specials like, buy one get one free deal. And the check out lady said yes, we have ____ and ____, ok I'll take one of ____.

Then she followed with, "can I see an ID please". I was surprised, I know I'm not regular and not only that, I don't smoke. I told her "are you kidding me?" I walked out the door while saying, "ok, I'll show you how old I am". Came back with my license and told her,"I'm way too old for this, here look". Buying smoke control by the government, I will not be surprise with this new ID coming out...the government will know everything about you, i.e. buy, eat, read, etc. Or how often you have sex. Don't be surprise, they will.

There was two older people in front of me checking out. They told that I should be grateful that someone still thinks that I am young. (what the heck!) Are you kidding me!, it's annoying specially if I had to take two toddler out of their car seat just to get the stinking smoke. (Stop it, it's our business if someone smoke or not with the kids in the van.) Because no one in my family ever smoke in the presence of our DC's. Not that we are against second hand smoke, it's because we don't want our kids to copy anyone. We know its bad, it's an addiction.

I told my DH what happens and answer me with, "carded when buying cigarettes, next police stopping individuals for no reason at all".

Like I said before, if the parents of under age kids doesn't care why should other people will. Mind your own business.

Thank you Creative Commons for the image.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  April 2, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

hi ate tag for u hehehe

http://filipinolifeabroad.blogspot.com/2008/04/feed-me-up.html

Anonymous,  April 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

HA HA HA.

I just imagined some parent checking the little teenagers ID: and a big stamp of No Longer a Virgin!! HA HA

I remember one time with alcohol, some store wouldn't let me buy alcohol because my two roommates in the car outside were underage.

Nedekcir April 4, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

got your tag and all finished.

Nedekcir April 4, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

"no longer Virgin" stamps hahahaha...thanks AMB for stopping by.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com