Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, May 19, 2008

Teary Eyes

My first grader had some kind of tea party at his classroom today. Parents and siblings are invited. I told him this morning that I can't come in to join him because we all have cough, cold and sore throat. Plus his only sister is home sick because she has a little temperature. It sound like he doesn't even know what I am talking about.

Fast forward to the present. He came home telling me that I should have been in his school for this tea party. Well, I would love to be there but what am I going to do with his siblings? He said daddy should have watched them. I told him that if daddy is home we are not having this conversation are we now? I also reminded him that I told him this morning that I will not be able to go. He almost cried and telling me that this occasion is only today. And I knew that, I don't think his teacher will appreciate me bringing sick kid to her class. I think his siblings would have enjoyed being with him in his school also.

I also feel bad because this morning I was thinking that maybe he will be the only one with no family in his class. I can't do everything, specially with no help. His father work hours is from 7 in the morning to 7 at night. So, I have to do everything by myself on those hours. There are more to come and hoping that next time I/we can go.

0 comments:

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com