Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, May 19, 2008

Is Your Kid's Cereal Popular?


Breakfast cereals marketed the most aggressively to kids have the worst nutritional quality, according to the new analysis of 161 brands.

Children's cereals were classified as those that had a character on the box, toys or games inside, or the company's Web site listed the brand as a children's cereal.

Kids' cereals had more sugar, sodium, carbohydrate, and calories per gram than non-children's cereals, and less protein and fiber. Sugar accounted for more than one-third of the weight of children's cereals, on average, compared to less than one-quarter of the adult cereals.

Sources from mercola.com

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 20, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

I know all about the nutrition facts of cereal and all, but if your choice is you kids eat a lesser healthy cereal or no breakfast at all, I'll take the lesser healthy. Despite who they are advertised for, sweetened cereals tend to taste better to children and I say if they eat its better then not!

Nedekcir May 20, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

My take on this one is "if they are hungry they will eat anything you give them" specially feeding them good food when they are hungry. And I will not bribe them with anything to eat healthy.

Life of Ours Author


Mrs. Cheers, Keystone USA

"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research (What mother doesn't?) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already have five credits (four sons & one daughter, 1 joined the working community, 4 were educated @ home ). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?), and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers, and the rewards are more of a satisfaction than just money."


©2008-2023 recheers.blogspot.com.™ Contact: nedekcir@gmail.com